A simple yet effective home remedies is available and can be found right in your kitchen. And of course, these tips are proven in itself and certainly won’t cost a fortune to use it. The important thing is you need to use the method regularly as it takes some time to see the desired results.Show More
1. Scrubbing the affected area with a thin slice of potato is effective thanks to its mild acidic properties (yet non-irritating to your skin) as a natural bleaching agent. You can also make the juice out from potato and apply to the area and letting it dry before washing it off with a splash of lukewarm water. Repeat this remedy frequently to get a faster result.
2. If using chemical peels sounds expensive for you, achieve the similar effect with mashed apple and apply them to the affected skin. Apple contain high amount of AHAs beneficial to kill the germs and exfoliate the skin. Over time, the affected skin will look lighter in few days.
3. Lemon is also useful as a home remedy as it have acidic properties that can lighten your skin as well as exfoliating dead skin cells on the affected area evenly. Use the same method as you would for a potato but keep in mind to apply moisturizer as the acidic content in a lemon is quite high. Alternatively, make a paste consisting of lemon juice with a dash of turmeric and apply them on the affected area. Let the paste dry before washing them off.
4. Although known for its soothing properties, cucumber also act as a natural bleaching agent to lighten your darken underarms. Just like the remedies mentioned above, you just need to cut the cucumber in slices and rub it across the underarms before rinsing it.
5. It may sound a bit slippery, but coconut oil can also be used to lighten the dark skin in your underarms thanks to its high vitamin E content. Lightly massage the nutritious oil to the affected area for ten minutes before getting a shower and rinse them with lukewarm water. On the plus side, this remedy is also double as a natural deodorant.
6. Baking soda can also be used to lighten your underarms. Use them as a natural homemade scrub by adding with a bit of water to make a thick paste. This scrub is effective to purge of the damaged and dead cell, unclogging the pores, and kill the germs living in the area and what you’ll get is a clean, odor-free, and lighten skin.
7. The high content of probiotics in yogurt can be helpful in killing off the germs while lactic acid is essential to exfoliate the skin and nourishes the new ones underneath it. The affected skin will become visibly lighter in few days if you use this method daily.
8. Another potent ingredient for your underarms, honey is known for its anti-bacterial, soothing, and lightening properties. Simply apply a tiny amount of honey and spread them onto our skin. it does sound sticky so you need to rest a bit to let the honey dries out before rinsing them off with warm water.
9. Saffron is one of the essential spices in culinary and also makes a potent lightening and anti-bacterial agent. Add a pinch of saffron mixed with a thick solution of milk and apply to your underarms. You need to let it sit round an hour before washing it off.
These home remedies are very useful and can be used together with conventional medical methods available (plus it won’t cost too much to get the materials). Now you know that you may have done one or two mentioned causes of dark underarms, you’ll know how to treat them with these tips and never be embarrassed by it again.